The annual general meeting of Catella AB was held today on Tuesday 24 May 2022. The annual general meeting was held by advance voting only pursuant to temporary legislation and thus without the physical presence of shareholders, proxies and external parties. The annual general meeting resolved in accordance with all proposals presented by the board of directors and the nomination committee.
The annual general meeting resolved to re-elect all board members, i.e Johan Claesson, Johan Damne, Joachim Gahm, Jan Roxendal, Tobias Alsborger and Anneli Jansson. Johan Claesson was re-elected as chairman of the board.
The annual general meeting adopted the income statement and the balance sheet for the parent company and the group and resolved to discharge the board members and the chief executive officer from liability for the preceding financial year.
The annual general meeting further resolved to distribute dividend of SEK 1.00 per share, corresponding to a total of SEK 88,348,572.00, and that the remaining profit shall be carried forward. The record date for the dividend was set to Friday 27 May 2022. Payment to the shareholders is expected to be made from Euroclear Sweden AB on Wednesday 1 June 2022.
The annual general meeting also resolved:
- that the number of board members shall be six, with no deputies, and that the company shall have one auditor, with no deputy auditors.
- to determine the remuneration to the board members to SEK 600,000 to the chairman of the board, SEK 370,000 to each of the other board members and, for work in the committees, SEK 135,000 to the chairman of the board’s audit committee and SEK 105,000 to each of the other two members as well as SEK 42,000 to the chairman of the board’s remuneration committee and SEK 32,000 to the other member.
- to re-elect PricewaterhouseCoopers AB as auditor for the period until the end of the next annual general meeting. The authorized public accountant Patrik Adolfson will be appointed as new auditor-in-charge.
- that remuneration to the auditor shall be paid in accordance with approved invoices.
- to approve the board’s remuneration report for the preceding financial year.
- to adopt an updated instruction for the nomination committee.
- to adopt updated guidelines for remuneration to senior executives.
- to adopt amended articles of association in light of Catella no longer conducting, or intending to conduct, banking operations, to clarify the operations conducted within the business area Principal Investments as well as so reflect the applicable wording of the Swedish Companies Act (2005:551) and the Swedish Corporate Governance Code. In addition thereto, a number of editorial amendments to the articles of association were approved.
- to authorize the board of directors to, on one or more occasions during the period until the end of the next annual general meeting, with or without deviation from the shareholders’ preferential rights, resolve on a new issue of shares of Class A and/or Class B, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the board’s proposal.
- to authorize the board of directors to, on one or more occasions during the period until the end of the next annual general meeting, resolve on repurchase and transfer of the company’s own shares of Class A and/or Class B, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the board’s proposal.
Complete documentation relating to the resolutions of the annual general meeting can be found here.