THIRD QUARTER (1 JULY – 30 SEPTEMBER 2023)
- Net sales for the quarter amounted to MSEK 96 (917).
- Operating profit before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) totalled MSEK 59 (713).
- Operating profit (EBIT) was MSEK 43 (697).
- Profit after tax totalled MSEK 35 (705) and earnings per share was SEK 0.84 (15.86).
- Operating cash flow was MSEK -47 (792) and cash flow after investments amounted to MSEK -231 (659).
- Production generated 60 GWh (52) of green electricity with an average income of SEK 718 per MWh (496).
- Arise held its Capital Markets Day in September 2023 and presented new financial targets with a focus on profitable growth.
- The earnout payment for project Skaftåsen of MEUR 6.4 was settled in September 2023, of which MEUR 2.5 was recognised during the quarter.
- The project portfolio increased by approximately 160 MW during the quarter.
FIRST NINE MONTHS (1 JANUARY – 30 SEPTEMBER 2023)
- Net sales for the period amounted to MSEK 313 (1,058).
- Operating profit before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) totalled MSEK 204 (799).
- Operating profit (EBIT) totalled MSEK 157 (753).
- Profit after tax totalled MSEK 123 (736) and earnings per share was SEK 2.86 (17.74).
- Operating cash flow was MSEK 43 (926) and cash flow after investments amounted to MSEK -439 (694).
- Production generated 201 GWh (213) of green electricity with an average income of SEK 874 per MWh (669).
- In January 2023, Arise signed an agreement with Persson Invest, one of Sweden’s largest private landowners. The agreement pertains to development rights for potential wind power projects on a large portion of Persson Invest’s land, for which the company sees good potential to realise new wind power. According to the assessment from the company, the potential amounts to approximately 500 MW.
- In March 2023, Arise signed an agreement to acquire approximately 51% of the Finnish company Pohjan Voima Oy. Pohjan Voima Oy has developed a well-diversified portfolio of onshore wind and solar projects across Finland, with a project portfolio that at the time of the signing was approximately 1,700 MW.
- The project portfolio increased by approximately 3,200 MW during the period.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE END OF THE REPORTING PERIOD
- The wind farm project Fasikan was divested in October 2023 to SCA. The total purchase price amounted to approximately MSEK 125, which also includes a variable portion that is dependent on how construction of the project progresses in relation to budget.
- Arise entered into a partnership agreement with SCA in October 2023 to cooperate in the development of wind power in six identified land areas. The estimated total potential amounts to approximately 1,000 MW and the projects will be included in Arise’s project portfolio as early-stage projects. Arise will have a 49% ownership in the projects once they reach ready-to-build status.
- Given the sale of Fasikan and the partnership agreement with SCA, the project portfolio amounts thereafter to approximately 6,800 MW.
- Arise announced in November 2023 that the Board of Directors has decided to utilise the authorisation granted by the Annual General Meeting in May 2023 to repurchase the company’s own shares up to a maximum amount of MSEK 100 until the date of the Annual General Meeting 2024.
Halmstad, 15 November 2023
Arise AB (publ)
For further information, please contact:
Per-Erik Eriksson, CEO Arise AB, +46 702 409 902
Markus Larsson, CFO Arise AB, +46 735 321 776