FOURTH QUARTER (1 OCTOBER–31 DECEMBER 2022)
- Net sales for the quarter amounted to MSEK 106 (79).
- Operating profit before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) totalled MSEK 52 (46) before items affecting comparability and MSEK 52 (32) after items affecting comparability.
- Operating profit (EBIT) amounted to MSEK 37 (31) before items affecting comparability and MSEK 37 (17) after items affecting comparability.
- Profit after tax totalled MSEK 36 (13), corresponding to SEK 0.80 (0.33) per share before and after dilution.
- Operating cash flow was MSEK -3 (23) and cash flow after investments amounted to MSEK -76 (-10).
- Production generated 79 GWh (82) of green electricity with an average income of SEK 857 per MWh (812).
- An extraordinary general meeting on 15 December 2022 resolved to introduce a warrant programme for company employees. Employees of the company acquired a total of 407,360 warrants, of which 370,000 were acquired by members of Group management.
FULL-YEAR (1 JANUARY–31 DECEMBER 2022)
- Net sales for the period amounted to MSEK 1,164 (341).
- Operating profit before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) totalled MSEK 851 (157) before items affecting comparability and MSEK 851 (143) after items affecting comparability.
- Operating profit (EBIT) totalled MSEK 790 (93) before items affecting comparability, and MSEK 790 (79) after items affecting comparability.
- Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 772 (57), or SEK 18.60 (1.51) per share before dilution and SEK 18.60 (1.49) after dilution.
- Operating cash flow was MSEK 923 (143) and cash flow after investments amounted to MSEK 618 (19).
- Production generated 292 GWh (282) of green electricity with an average income of SEK 720 per MWh (614).
- In the first half of 2022, Markus Larsson was appointed new CFO, Daniel Cambridge was appointed as the new CCO, responsible for business development and M&A, and Hans Carlsson was appointed as new COO. All of the above have joined Group management.
- In March 2022, Arise made an investment decision regarding construction of the wind farm project Lebo in Västervik Municipality.
- In April 2022, Arise signed an asset management agreement with BlackRock regarding wind farms in Finland with an installed capacity of 219 MW.
- In May 2022, Arise issued green senior unsecured bonds of MEUR 50. The net proceeds were used in accordance with Arise’s green financing framework.
- The sale of the wind farm project Kölvallen, 42 turbines with a total nominal capacity of 277 MW, was completed in July 2022. The sale is expected to have a positive earnings effect of approximately MEUR 90 between 2022 and 2025, of which approximately MEUR 65 was recognised when the project was sold.
- In conjunction with the sale of Kölvallen, Arise also acquired a shareholding of about 9% in the project. This is in line with Arise’s ambition to be a more dynamic developer with a focus on maximising value creation for its project portfolio.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE END OF THE REPORTING PERIOD
- In January 2023, Arise signed an agreement with Persson Invest, one of Sweden’s largest private landowners. The agreement pertains to development rights for potential wind power projects on a large portion of Persson Invest’s land, for which the company sees good potential to realise new wind power. According to the initial assessment from the company, the potential amounts to approximately 500 MW.
Halmstad, 16 February 2023
Arise AB (publ)
For further information, please contact:
Per-Erik Eriksson, CEO Arise AB, +46 702 409 902
Markus Larsson, CFO Arise AB, +46 735 321 776