Halmstad, 19 July 2022
SECOND QUARTER (1 April – 30 June 2022)
- Net sales for the quarter amounted to MSEK 53 (36).
- Operating profit before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) totalled MSEK 25 (12).
- Operating profit (EBIT) was MSEK 10 (-6).
- Profit/loss before tax, before items affecting comparability, was MSEK 7 (-10) and after items affecting comparability MSEK -6 (-6).
- Profit/loss after tax totalled MSEK -6 (-6), corresponding to SEK -0.13 (-0.16) per share.
- Operating cash flow was MSEK 67 (12) and was impacted by an increase in current liabilities related to project investments.
- Production generated 61 GWh (61) of green electricity, which was in line with the corresponding period last year but lower than normal due to weak winds.
- Average income from Production was SEK 675 per MWh (420), of which SEK 670 per MWh (415) was from electricity and SEK 5 per MWh (5) was from electricity certificates, including guarantees of origin.
- An asset management agreement was signed with BlackRock regarding wind farms in Finland where the total assignment includes an installed capacity of 219 MW.
- Daniel Cambridge was appointed as the new CCO of Arise, responsible for business development and M&A. He started his position on 2 May 2022 and joined Group management at the same time.
- Arise issued green senior unsecured bonds of MEUR 50. The net proceeds will be used in accordance with Arise’s green financing framework.
FIRST HALF OF THE YEAR (1 JANUARY – 30 JUNE 2022)
- Net sales for the period amounted to MSEK 141 (82).
- Operating profit before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) totalled MSEK 86 (34).
- Operating profit (EBIT) was MSEK 56 (1).
- Profit/loss before tax, before items affecting, comparability was MSEK 49 (-7) and after items affecting comparability MSEK 32 (-10).
- Profit/loss after tax totalled MSEK 31 (-10), corresponding to SEK 0.76 (-0.27) per share.
- Operating cash flow was MSEK 134 (27).
- Production generated 161 GWh (143) of green electricity. The increase was due to stronger wind conditions in the first quarter than in the same quarter last year.
- Average income from Production was SEK 725 per MWh (444), of which SEK 718 per MWh (435) was from electricity and SEK 6 per MWh (10) was from electricity certificates, inclu-ding guarantees of origin.
- Arise established a green financing framework that contains criteria for investments exclusively in renewable energy. Arise can include bonds as well as existing and future debt under the financing framework.
- Investment decision was made regarding the Lebo wind farm project in Västervik municipality.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE END OF THE REPORTING PERIOD
- The Kölvallen project was sold to a fund managed by Foresight Group LLP in July 2022. The total consideration from the divestment of the project amounts to approximately EUR 100 million, of which EUR 75 million is fixed and was paid on closing. EUR 25 million is variable consideration payable upon completion of the construction of the project. The divestment is expected to have a positive impact on earnings of approximately EUR 90 million in total over the years 2022 to 2025, of which approximately EUR 65 million will be realised at closing. The variable portion of the consideration to be realised is dependent upon how construction of the project progresses in relation to programme and budget. Furthermore, Arise will manage the construction and, once operational, manage the project on behalf of Foresight through construction and asset management agreements. In connection with the transaction, Arise shall invest approximately EUR 17 million in to the Project and thereby acquires approximately 9% equity stake in the Project, which aligns well with Arise’s ambition to become a more dynamic developer, focused on maximising the value created via its project portfolio.
Halmstad, 19 July 2022
Arise AB (publ)